At H2O hostel we respect the privacy of our customers and people interested in our hostel offers. Due to the nature of communication between the customers and people interested, it is sometimes required to provide some personal information.
What kind of personal data do we collect and why?
As you can see in our online reservation form and chat, we collect, store, process and use information related to you that directly or indirectly identify you (“personal data”), as defined in Art 4(1) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”). Let we explain which ones and why?
- Name and surname: we need this to make a reservation on your behalf in our reservation system. If we got only your name there could be a mixup – you know, two John’s or two Leilas in the building.
- Telephone number: sometimes your flight is delayed or something else comes up and we are waiting on your arrival; if we can call you and get the information where you are and when are you coming (if you are coming at all) this really helps us with our work. Sometimes, it happens that you should have checked-out already and your stuff is still in the room, which prevents us from cleaning the room. But we will never ever call you without a firm reason.
- E-mail: This one is the easiest to explain – if we don’t get your email we can not reply to your enquiry.
- Arrival and departure date: you have to tell us the dates otherwise we can not check if our rooms or beds are free for the requested period.
- Arrival time: because our reception is not opened 24h/day, this information helps us ensure we can check you in after 11pm, when our reception is closed. It also helps us to schedule our day with arrivals.
- No. of persons: the same as for the dates, we need to know for how many people are you making the reservation, so we can check if we have available accomodation for all of you.
- Accomodation type: because we have several accomodation units (private and dormitory rooms) this information helps us to understand your wishes and preferences so we can prepare the best offer for you. You know – different unit, different prices.
We use an app called “Pure chat” trough which you can chat with us when we are online or send us an email.
- Name: we have to know your name (or just an alias) because we may have multiple chats open during peak times and we want to prevent a mixup. And we like to get a little bit personal.
- Email: email is necessary because if we are not behind a computer at the time you would like to chat with us, it enables us to respond to your enquiry later on.
- Question: without a question there is no answer.
This app also detects your IP and country from which this IP comes from – this is the basic data they collect and it is deleted after 30 days. We don’t keep thid data anywhere else.
What happens when you give this personal information to us?
First of all, our reception and marketing department checks the inquires and replies to you via email or online chat.
- If you confirm your reservation we enter your data into our reservation system. Your information is safe in our program which is password protected.
- We also use a CRM (customer relationship management) through which we send you additional information before your arrival. This way we can improve your stay and answer the questions you might have – we don’t want you to worry about small things when you travel, enjoy!
- We may process, retain and disclose your personal data (i) to the extend we are required to do so by law, (ii) if it is necessary to comply with the legal process, and (iii) to protect and defend our rights, property and misuse or unauthorized use of our services.
- If you don’t confirm your reservation we don’t keep your data in our database.
We will not deliberately forward nor sell the collected personal data to any third party that could use the information to harm you or your well being.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
There are two options:
- If you don’t confirm your reservation, we will not keep your data in our systems.
- If you confirm your reservation, we will keep your data until your arrival. From that moment on we have to keep some of the data you give to us at the check in which we are obligated by the law, and we will keep the email and phone number for up to 30 days after your departure. A lot of things can happen – you can forget something valuable, leave our premises without paying (sometimes not on purpose, we know) or forget to return us the key or the parking card. In this cases, we would like to contact you, return you the stuff you forgot and clear up any other questions or issues that have arose during your stay. 30 days after your departure, your email and the phone number will be deleted.
What data rights do you have under the GDPR?
Access to your information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
Correcting your information: In any time we want to have accurate data. Please contact us if the personal data you provided to us is not up to date or correct.
Deletion of your information: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data if it no longer is required for the purpose it was collected, you have withdrawn your consent, you have a valid objection to us using your personal data, or our use of your personal data is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Restricting how we may use your information: In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal data. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal data about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your personal data. The right might also apply where this is no longer a basis for using your personal data but you don’t want us to delete the data. Where this right to validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal data with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Data Portability: you may exercise the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and may transmit those data to another company.
If you wish to exercise ant of the aforementioned rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data on this website?
H2O Hostel is a part of the company Simbol d.o.o., Gerbičeva ulica 46, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.