It started quite some years ago, in 2005, and has grown slowly into one of the most recognized, special libraries in Slovenia. It was born in Ljubljana where, even without a formal, built home, it remains well-rooted in the consciousness of local people.
Library under the Treetops spreads every summer. It is chilled and served for your pleasure under mighty trees in 6 locations across Ljubljana and in 5 locations around Slovenia & Italy. Why not pamper yourself with undisturbed and stress-free outdoor reading? A handy collection of books, newspapers and magazines comes in various styles and languages, and brings you a handful of stories about Ljubljana, Slovenia and other dreamlands!
Ljubljana’s Reading Islands:
- Tivoli park: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 15:00-20:00; Saturday and Sunday 10:00-20:00
- Trnovski breg Embankment: Thursday and Friday 15:00-20:00; Saturday 10:00-20:00 (on the picture below)
- Ljubljana Castle: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10:00-20:00 (on the picture above)
- Tabor park: Friday and Saturday 10:00-20:00
- Cultural Center Tobačna 001: Thursday to Friday 11:00-17:00
- Španski borci Culture Centre: every day in July 10:00-20:00
The Library under the Treetops is an authentic homegrown project, run by a non-profit organization and supported by a sea of volunteers. In the winter the Library finds it’s shelter at the green house in Tivoli park and at Španski borci Culture Centre. In case of rain the library is closed.